Dear Name of Advocate:
I am writing you this letter (or thank you for taking my phone call). This is so important to me. I am one of EnJewel’s Sapphire Ambassadors. As an Ambassador, I am standing as one that fights against Human Trafficking. I know that you take pride in our community. I believe, as you believe, that no matter what – I live, work and play here – and I want to know I’m safe in all I do here. Safety is key. But something tragic is happening in our world, and in times of COVID – is on the rise. Human Trafficking is a crime happening not only around the world but in our own backyard. I’m asking you to join me in this fight and become an EnJewel advocate. It’s a great organization collaborating with like-minded organizations that have united to make a stance in this fight.
Check out their social media group page and their website: enjewel.org for more info. The time is right and we need your help to be the voice for the voiceless.
Please consider committing by giving $21 a month for a year. If you prefer, please give a one-time gift of $250 by February 28, 2021. EnJewel has been given the opportunity of matching all gifts given by February 28, 2021 including any pledged gifts given in 2021.
Your gifts will help expand EnJewel’s programs to include:
- An education curriculum “Get On Board” that will be shared with the Hampton Roads’ public school system and associations, social organizations, churches and other groups.
- Creation of community committees to build slavery resistance, often comprised and led by women
- Creation of self-defense programs for minors and adults with trafficking and domestic violence as the reason for the need
- Vocational and microenterprise and finance skills training to reduce vulnerability and ensure sustainable freedom for slavery survivors
- Establishment of savings and loan associations at village and neighborhood levels, often run by women, so individuals can borrow from each other instead of slaveholders during times of crisis
Our deadline for matching gifts is February 28, 2021 Please don’t miss out on this final opportunity to double your impact before this ends.
We’ve come a long way to participate in this grant process and time is of the essence!
Your generous gift today will make waves to help a trafficking survivor …
… someone who has suffered agonies that no one should ever know — but someone who still has a chance at a New Beginning into a happy, healthy, productive person.
Time is running out. Please do what you can in these final hours of the year.
Founder and President